In 1920, founder Richard Hellmann and his wife Margaret created the world’s now number 1 mayonnaise brand* in Manhattan, New York.
Proud of their delicious mayonnaise, Richard tied his signature blue ribbon around the very best quality products – hence the blue ribbon that we still use to this day, celebrating its unmistakeable taste.
- We use 100% free range eggs
- 100% of our oils are sourced responsibly
- Hellmann’s is the Nation’s Favourite Mayonnaise**
- Our Hellmann's Ketchup uses 100% sustainably grown tomatoes
- We’re on the side of food.
Over 200 years of perfecting English Mustard, Colman’s sieve the seeds up to 9 times to remove any trace of impurities, giving it its famous full-on flavour.
The seed dryer building, built in 1890, still uses the original wooden sieving equipment to achieve the perfect taste. Committed to supporting our local farmers, all of our white mustard, mint and apples are sourced in the UK.
- We still source our mustard from many of the same farms we’ve always worked with, and in some cases, the same families.
- Some of our current farmers are 5th generation Colman’s mustard seed growers!
*Data from Nielsen Retail UK Grocery Value Sales MAT 11/08/2018
**Data from Nielsen Retail UK Grocery Value Sales MAT 11/08/2018