Christmas brined turkey crown
Discover this Christmas classic turkey for your menu! The brining is a great technique to add extra flavour and juiciness and avoid the turkey drying out while roasting. This turkey goes well with brussel sprouts and baked potatoes.
For the brine:
- Bring the water, sugar, sage, clove, cinnamon, onion, KNORR Chicken Powder Bouillon and water to the simmer allowing the sugar has dissolved.
- Cut the orange in half and add to the water.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
For the turkey:
- Remove the wish bone from the crown.
- Place the turkey in to the brine then chill for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and dry the turkey well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Soften the MEADOWLAND professional then spread over both breasts.
- Place the turkey crown into a roasting tray cover with foil then roast for 45 min.
- Remove the foil from the turkey then continue to cook for a further 45 min. or until cooked through.
- Remove the turkey from the oven then cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 30 min.
- Carve either side of the breast bone and serve with the traditional accompaniments.