Piri Piri mussels and clams broth
A piri piri spiced mussel and clam broth. Best served with crusty bread or classic frites.
Mussels 1.8 kg
Clams 1.8 kg
Banana shallots 250 g
White wine 750 ml
Lemon juice 200 ml
Tomatoes 500 g
Flat leaf Parsley 40 g
Coriander 40 g
- Remove the beards from the mussels and clams and make sure they are thoroughly washed and all barnacles are removed.
- Peel and finely slice the shallot.
- Quarter the tomatoes then remove the seeds and dice the flesh.
- Finely slice both the corianderand flat leaf parsley.
- Whisk together theKNORR Piri Piri Paste, white wine and lemon juice.
To cook and serve the broth:
- Place a large deep pan on a high heat and allow to heat for 1-2 minutes or until smoking.
- Add in the mussels, clams and shallots and the piri piri mixture.
- Place on a lid and shake.
- After 1 minute lift of the lid and add in the tomatoes and chopped coriander and flat leaf parsley.
- Replace the lid and shake through the ingredients.
- Cook for a further minute or until the mussels and clams have opened.
- If any do not open discard before serving.
- Divide between serving bowls and serve with ciabatta or frites.