When we’re not making great ice cream, we’re working hard to do our bit for the planet and its people. Discover more about what some of our brands are doing to be socially and environmentally responsible…
- We’re the first global ice cream brand with a ‘Responsibly Made For Kids’ promise. This promise is based on 3 pillars, designed to help parents and caregivers to make informed choices for their children. These are Responsible Communication through advertising; Responsible Selling with our Responsibly Made For Kids mark; and Responsible Development, meaning that every ice cream in our kids’ range has no more than 110 calories and a maximum of 12g of sugar per portion.
- Our I’m Wall’s Sustainable Employment Programme helps people in need to find jobs. It’s about giving everyone the chance to get into work, particularly people who feel unsupported or excluded from the job market. I'm Wall's supports participants to learn new skills and enables them to build a brighter future.
- All of the deliciously thick chocolate covering our Magnum range is made using Rainforest Alliance Certified Cocoa.
- Our Tubs are all made with recycled plastic and are 100% recyclable too.
Ben & Jerry's
- All our ingredients that can be are Fairtrade certified, empowering over 200,000 farmers to invest in their communities.
- All the eggs in our ice cream come from free-range chickens.
- There are no artificial colours or flavours in any of our products.
- We use only 100% sustainably sourced vanilla as part of our Vanilla For Change programme.
- We’re also Rainforest Alliance Certified.