At UFS we’re committed to supporting the Children’s Food Trust in its quest to make every meal a great meal for children and young people. That’s why we’re delighted to bring you this guide to support you in improving the quality and image of food in your school.
We believe that learning about food – where it’s from, how it’s grown and how it’s cooked – should be central to a child’s education. And, we know there’s no better fuel for a hungry mind than a tasty and nutritious diet.
Together we’ll help create a generation of well-fed, healthy, forward-thinking children who will change the world for the better.
Other useful resources
- For full details of the standards, see the practical guide available from School Food Plan.
- Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have similar standards. For details visit:
- For inspirational recipe ideas check out our Recipe pages, or you can read sample menus from the Children’s Food Trust
- Already got your menu sorted? Email email@example.com to find out about their ‘menu checking’ service
- Visit Children’s Food Trust for details of the awards from the Children’s Food Trust
- For further advice and guidance on providing special diets – including gluten-free – Children’s Food Trust
- Don’t forget to enter this year’s Big School Bake Off. To check out our new entry criteria, prizes and how the 2016 competition aims to celebrate school bakers across the UK at www.ufs.com/schoolfood. (Entry closes 20th May 2016)