Butternut & Spinach Lasagne
This recipe is another version of the traditional italian dish and a good alternative for your schools menu.
You can serve it with some garlic bread.
For the Sauce
- In a large oven tray mix the butternut squash with the vegetable oil, and roast for around 30 minutes or until the squash is golden and soft. Set aside.
- Meanwhile place the KNORR Tomatino in a pan and place on a medium heat until simmering. Add the spinach and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until the spinach is wilted. Keep warm and set aside.
For the Béchamel
- Place the water in a suitable pan and heat until boiling, whisk in the KNORR Béchamel Sauce and cook for 5-6 minutes or until a creamy consistency.
- Add in the mozzarella and whisk until melted. Keep warm and set aside.
To assemble & cook
- To assemble the lasagne; spread a quarter of the spinach and KNORR Tomato & Basilsauce on the bottom of a large oven proof dish.
- Add a layer of the KNORR lasagne sheets, then scatter on half the roasted squash.
- Repeat this process until you have three layers of pasta and finishing with the last quarter of spinach and KNORR Tomato & Basilmixture. Top with the KNORR Béchamel Sauce and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until golden and the pasta is tender when pierced with a knife.
- Serve with the garlic bread and a side salad.