Roasted and smoked salmon pate
Try out this delicious pate recipe made for your food business. A fish alternative to the French classic, bound with Greek yoghurt, COLMAN'S horseradish and dill.
- Sterilize your kilner jars.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
For the oven roasted salmon:
- Line a 10mm deep gastronorm tray with grease proof paper.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the tray. Season and add the white wine. Cover the tray tightly with foil.
- Bake the salmon for 10 min.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 min. at room temperature, keeping the foil on.
- Whilst still warm turn the fish over then remove and discard the skin.
- Scrape the brown flesh of the fish and discard. Whilst still in the tray gently flake the fish into large pieces and chill ready to be used later.
Making the rillettes:
- Melt the MEADOWLAND Professional and allow to cool slightly. Julienne the smoked salmon and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped dill, lemon zest and juice then mix together.
- Add into the mix the Greek yoghurt, COLMAN'S Horseradish and melted MEADOWLAND Professional and fold in.
- Finally add the flakes of oven roasted salmon and carefully fold it into the mix so it retains some large flakes.
- Place the mix into Kilner Jars and store in the fridge until required.
- Serve by spooning out a table spoon of the salmon pate with pickled button onions, mini cornichons and caper berries along with some long thin croutes of ciabatta or ficelle.