Summer berry naked cake
A simple sponge cake topped with fresh berries and MEADOWLAND cream makes a great centre piece for any summer occasion. Your guests will love this delicious and simple summer berry cake as much as you.
For the sponge:
- Cream together the STORK with the caster sugar until light in colour.
- Slowly add in the eggs a little at a time making sure they are fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Add in the self raising flour and the vanilla extract making sure it is mixed through. Then add the milk and beat in.
- Split the mix between 2 cake tins.
- Bake the mix at 160°C for 15 -20 min. or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
For the chantilly:
- Whisk the MEADOWLAND Double until firm peaks are formed.
- Fold through the icing sugar.
- Place in the fridge until required.
To build the cake:
- Cut half the strawberries in to thick slices. Then cut the remaining strawberries in half.
- Place the bottom layer of the cake onto a cake board.
- Add on a third of the whipped MEADOWLAND and top with the thick sliced strawberries.
- Add on the second sponge cake.
- Add the remaining MEADOWLAND Double on top but don't spread to the edge of the cake.
- Allow to chill then add the remaining strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries to garnish.