Vanilla cheesecake with raspberries
A cheesecake is the perfect dessert for your summer and BBQ menu. This special vanilla cheesecake is encased in sweet pastry then topped with raspberries. Save extra time and money by using MEADOWLAND Double and MEADOWLAND Professional.
For the pastry base:
- Cream together the MEADOWLAND Professional and caster sugar.
- Add the egg yolks until incorporated into the mix.
- Mix in the flour until it forms a dough. Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for an hour.
- When rested roll the pastry into a thin round sheet approx. 0.5 cm and line a 30 cm pastry ring.
- Allow the pastry to chill again for 30 min.
- Blind bake the case for 20 min. at 160°C then remove the baking beans and bake again for a further 10 min. or until the base is cooked a light golden in colour.
For the cheesecake base:
- Beat together the cream cheese, MEADOWLAND Double, caster sugar, lemon juice and the vanilla paste until smooth.
- Pipe the mix into the pastry base leaving 0.5 cm from the top of the case.
- Chill the cheesecake to set.
- Place the raspberries on top of the cheesecake and dust with icing sugar.