Spelt & Kale Fritters with Aioli
These snacks are really versatile and can adapt to different flavours. Replace the cumin with mustard seeds or curry powder.
For the Fritters:
- Soak the spelt overnight then boil for 45 minutes until soft. Drain and allow to cool.
- Blanch the kale for 2 minutes in boiling water the refresh and allow to cool then squeeze out some of excess water.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Heat the oil the sweat the onions and cumin seeds for 3-4 minutes then add the KNORR Garlic Puree, cooked spelt and kale then remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool slightly then add the lemon zest, egg, gram flour and salt.
- Mix well then cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Mix the HELLMANNS REAL Mayonnaise & KNORR Garlic Puree together and pour into a squeezey bottle.
- Heat the remaining oil the spoon into some of the fritter mix.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden.
- Place the fritters into a serving tray and drizzle of the aioli then sprinkle over the crispy onions.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before slicing into portions.