Spiced marmalade glazed gammon
The glazed gammon is a classic British carvery roast and a must for all pubs menus. Our tip: use rindless marmelade for the roast and serve it with fresh vegetables.
For the gammon:
- Place the gammon in a large pan, cover with the water then add the cloves, onions and KNORR Ginger Puree.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 2.5 hours.
- Remove the gammon from the water and allow to cool slightly and remove the skin.
- Cut any excess fat from the gammon.
For the glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas.
- Place the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan, add 2 tbsp of water and stir until everything has melted.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil, then remove and pour half over the gammon.
- Place the gammon in to the oven and cook for 15 min. then remove and pour over the remaining glaze.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 min. until golden.
- Carve the gammon in to thin slices and place on to a serving plate.